2016 Grant Seekers Workshop
Monday July 18, 2016- 9AM to 4PM
Wednesday July 20, 2016- 9AM to 12PM
Forest Hills Borough-Westinghouse Lodge
799 Barclay Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15221(map)
Cost: $100 (scholarships available)
Back by popular demand, the 2016 Grant Seekers workshop is being offered to assist local elected officials, public employees and citizens with developing the skills and techniques necessary to prepare successful funding proposals. Register now!
Developing effective funding proposals is especially important in these very competitive funding raising times – more grant-seekers are competing for fewer dollars. This program is structured to be 1.5 days.
Day 1 is a full day program that focuses on skills development for grant seekers. Attendees to this day-long program, will leave with a tool kit of tips, techniques and samples that will guide grant seeking and fundraising initiatives.
About our trainer: Katherine F.H. Heart, GPC, M.Ed. is President of Heart Resources, LLC, a mission-driven grant specialty company dedicated to improving quality of life in western Pennsylvania. She has worked with 35+ nonprofit and government entities to win grants for programs, capital projects, and operations over the past 15 years. She is a large project specialist who develops complex plans and proposals for multiple funders, including: foundations, corporations, United Way, and local, state and federal government. Participants will learn:
- Researching and monitoring grant opportunities
- Pre-RFP planning and partnering
- Developing a grant team work plan
- Writing, editing and reviewing narrative for maximum points
- Incorporating demographics, charts, logic models and Gantt charts
- Developing a project budget
- Tips for a quick turn-around proposals and online submissions
Day 2 focuses on various Commonwealth of Pennsylvania programs for local governments and community groups. This ½ day program features speakers discussing various state programs and support available to local communities. Attend to learn how to align your communities needs with state policy priorities.
- Johnna Pro, Regional Director of Community Affairs, Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development
- H. Daniel Cessna, District Executive, District 11 Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Kathy Frankel, Natural Resource Program Supervisor, Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Brian Schimmel, Local Government Liaison, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
Click here to access LGA’s Course Catalog. Add “2016 Grant Seekers Workshop” to your shopping cart. Scholarships and discounts are available to communities on this list . If your community is eligible, contact Justin Philman at email@example.com or 412-586-5659 for the coupon code to use during checkout. Seating is limited, please register by July 8, 2016. Offered in partnership with the PA Governor’s Center for Local Government Services/Department of Community and Economic Development