On Thursday, August 11, 2016, the attendees of Local Government Academy’s Annual Recognition Luncheon watched the debut of this year’s Municipal Intern Program video. Twelve municipalities chose interns from over 200 applications to participate through the summer in projects dedicated to improving their communities. Throughout the internship, the selected interns collected photo and video footage detailing their involvement and experience.
The following interns and municipalities participated in the 2016 Municipal Intern Projects program:
- Eliza Donohue, Carnegie Mellon University, Ross Township
- Alan Druga, Carnegie Mellon University, McKees Rocks Borough
- Hannah Grippo, Westminister College, New Castle City
- Lara Konefal-Shaer, Carnegie Mellon University, Bellevue Borough
- Dalton Leedy, California University of Pennsylvania, Charleroi Borough
- Kelsey Lorence, Carnegie Mellon University, Winfield Township
- Adam Mark, University of Pittsburgh, South Park Township
- Skylar Roth, Penn State University, Harrison Township
- Nico Russo, Thiel College, Greenville Borough
- Emily Schnarre, University of Alabama, Cranberry Township
- Leah Scott, Carnegie Mellon University, Baldwin Borough
- Victoria Vernet, Seton Hill University, Donora Borough
The video, composed by LGA’s own intern, Yunzhi Zheng, premiered to an audience of over a hundred Advocates for Good Government, program instructors, community representatives, board of directors, and others, who were also recognized at the luncheon. Thanks to all who helped to make the Recognition Luncheon, and the 2016 Municipal Intern Program, a success!