Flight Blight Brightly and Fight Blight Brightly- LITE Online Courses Start Sept. 7
Fight Blight Brightly is being offered online from Sept. 7 to Nov. 16., while the LITE version of the course is being offered online from Sept. 7 to Nov. 16.
First launched in July 2014, C, it is part of a library of resources available to help communities fight blight. Additional materials can be found at www.housingalliancepa.org. Many thanks to the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania for their contribution to the important work municipalities do addressing blight.
The goal of this course is to give you an understanding of the tools at your disposal for dealing with blight and abandonment. By the end of this course you should have solid understanding of:
- Systems to set up within your municipality to prevent blight and abandonment
- Act 90 and how it can and should be used in you municipality
- Tools, both legal and otherwise, that can be used to deal with vacant property
- Examples of blight remediation programs around Pennsylvania and the US
- The four key components to fighting blight:
- Create an enforceable legal framework
- Targeting the limited resources available and collaborating with all involved parties
- Changing culture to improve compliance
- Transfer the worst properties to responsible owners
Fight Blight Brightly is a comprehensive open to everyone, in which lessons are completed individually, in order to access the next lesson. This program is $50, with discounts for financially distressed communities. You may register until Nov. 16.
Fight Blight Brightly-LITE is geared to elected officials and municipal managers, that allows participants access to all lessons at once. This program costs $25, with discounts available. You may register until Nov. 16.
For more information, go to LGAonline. Scroll down the course catalog to Fight Blight Brightly or Fight Bligh Brightly – LITE. Click the left down arrow to learn or the shopping cart to register.