2018 Municipal Intern Program Guidelines and Application for Students
The Local Government Academy Municipal Intern Program began in 1995 with the goal of providing a service to municipal governments by placing graduate and undergraduate students in full-time summer internships focused on a particular municipal project. Students who participate in the program gain valuable real-world, public-sector experience. Click here to download the guidelines.
Details for the 2018 Municipal Intern Program:
- This year's Municipal Intern Projects will be announced March 12, 2018. A listing of projects from the program's history can be found here.
- Students will meet with municipal representatives at the Municipal Intern Fair, Thursday, March 28, 2018 at 12pm in Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College (map). Students from all colleges and universities are invited to attend. Click here to add the intern fair to your calendar.
- Complete the form below to register for the 2018 Municipal Intern Program.
Interns benefit from:
- Practical experience in local government
- Completion of a quality project, and copies of reports to supplement their resume
- Experience in interpersonal communication, group dynamics and organizational politics
- Networking with local government practitioners and other interns, making contacts for possible future employment
- Learning from others through coaching, supervision and mentoring
- Bridging the gap between academic and professional worlds