NEOC Opening Day Instructions & Directions
The Newly Elected Officials Course’s Opening Day is Saturday, Nov. 21, 2015 at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, 112 Washington Place, Pittsburgh, across the street from the Consol Energy Center. Opening Day registration begins at 8:30 a.m. on the 2nd Floor of the Marriott with a Continental Breakfast.
Due to multiple road closures, please allow extra time to get to Opening Day which starts at 9 AM, Saturday November 21.
The Parkway East, which will have a posted detour, and the Parkway West, which will be closed overnight tonight until 8 AM Saturday morning, will result in a need to give yourself extra time to get to the Marriott City Center.
Visit this page if you’re coming from the West: http://www.downtownpittsburgh.com/getting-around/construction-updates/west
Visit this page if you’re coming from the East: http://www.downtownpittsburgh.com/getting-around/construction-updates/east
Visit this page if you’re coming from the South: http://www.downtownpittsburgh.com/getting-around/construction-updates/south
Parking may be found in the garage below the hotel with two entrances on Washington Place. You will need to pay for your parking.
The parking garage’s lowest level – farthest from the above ground hotel – is Level One. To get to the hotel lobby from Levels Five through One, you may take the small elevator on the enclosed or north side of the garage or the escalators on the same side of the garage to what is called the Starbucks Lobby. There should be a security guard in that lobby if you need directions.
From the Starbucks Lobby please enter the Marriott Lobby and either take the stairs on your right or the elevators on your left to the 2nd Floor.
From I-279/I-579 North and Route 28:
- Take 7th Avenue Exit toward 6th Avenue/Downtown.
- Keep left, follow signs for Consol Energy Center/6th Avenue and merge onto Bigelow Blvd.
- Use the left two lanes to stay Bigelow Blvd.
- Turn right onto Washington Place.
- Parking is on your right.
From Route 65:
- Take Route 65/Ohio River Blvd. across Fort Duquesne Bridge. Get into far left lane.
- Use Exit 1A for the 10th St. Bypass.Turn right and drive under the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
- Turn left onto 7th Ave.
- Turn left onto Washington Place.
- The Marriott is about a block ahead on your right and though one more stop light.
- Go past the front of the Marriott and on the downhill, the parking garage is on your right under the hotel.
From 376/Parkway West:
- Take 376 to Exit 72B for Boulevard of the Allies.
- Exit onto I-579.
- Exit onto Washington Place.
- You’ll drive in front of the Marriott, and on the downhill the parking garage is on your right under the hotel.
From 376/Parkway East, I-79 North & South:
NOTE – CONSTRUCTION ON THE PARKWAY EAST HAS BEEN CAUSING MAJOR DELAYS IN TRAFFIC FLOW. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS WHEN TAKING THIS ROUTE.
- Take 376/Parkway East across Fort Pitt Bridge to Exit 71A for Grant Street.
- Turn right on 6th Avenue.
- Turn left onto Centre Ave.
- You’ll drive in front of the Marriott. Turn left onto Washington Place.
- On the downhill, the parking garage is on your right under the hotel.