2015 Application Deadline: April 30, 2015
Local government officials, both elected and appointed, are invited to participate in a free, confidential conflict competency assessment and coaching in order to improve their individual ability to manage conflict effectively and improve the way conflict is handled in their organizations.
What is Conflict Competency?
Conflict Competency is the ability to understand the dynamics of conflicts and your personal reactions to it. Conflict Competency fosters constructive responses to conflict.
This program is available to a limited number of applicants. If you are selected, you will:
- Complete Conflict Competency assessments
- Participate in a 2-hour personal conflict management coaching session
- Engage in a half-day group training with others in the program to support individual skill development in conflict management. There is a limit of six participants.
Send a confidential letter of inquiry with a brief explanation of:
- The nature of the conflict(s) you are encountering
- What you hope to gain from participating in LGA 3C
Send your letter via U.S. Mail (electronic/e-mail submissions will not be accepted) to:
Local Government Academy
1501 Preble Ave., Suite 202
Pittsburgh, PA 15233
Questions? Please contact Local Government Academy at (412) 586-5659