Current Municipal Job Postings
Transportation Planning Coordinator
North Central Pennsylvania Regional Planning and Development Commission
North Central Pennsylvania Regional Planning and Development Commission is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Transportation Planning Coordinator based in the Ridgway, PA Office.
Core duties include: Working on the region’s transportation planning program for a six county area. Applicant must be proficient in administrative tasks, project management, report preparation, and have strong organizational skills. The position will undertake community engagement and work that involves technical and creative responsibility conducting research, analyzing data, plan review and preparing studies on transportation and other areas of comprehensive regional planning
Qualified applicants must complete and submit a North Central application along with a cover letter and resume. Send to:
Cheryl DePanfilis, H.R. Manager
49 Ridgmont Drive
Ridgway, PA 15853
Find the resume at the NC website. Deadline for NC applications is May 20, 2019 c.o.b. NCPRPDC is an E.O.E.
Planner 2 - Transportation
Allegheny County Department of Economic Development
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in City Planning, Transportation Planning, Public Policy, Public Administration, Civil Engineering, or a related degree AND two (2) years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass a background check, which includes verification of Allegheny County Real Estate Tax status, and drug/medical examinations as required for the position.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Mobility and Transportation Initiatives, this position contributes to the transportation planning efforts in and for Allegheny County.
- Manages and oversees the Active Allegheny Grant program, including updating program guidelines, reviewing applications, recommending grant awards, handling contracting and invoicing, and providing technical assistance to grantees.
- Coordinates with Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC), the nine-county MPO, on transportation projects, initiatives and programming.
- Works with PENNDOT District 11, PENNDOT Central Office, SPC, FHWA, and Allegheny County Department of Public Works to coordinate highway transportation projects and program highway transportation funding.
- Coordinates with Allegheny County Department of Public Works on county road and bridge initiatives.
- Provides transportation planning support for Department projects.
- Assists with the implementation of the transportation element of AlleghenyPlaces, the Allegheny County comprehensive plan, and Active Allegheny, the County’s active transportation plan.
- Provides planning and technical support to municipalities, community groups, and others for transportation projects including transit, bike/ped and trails.
- Assists with the development of transportation-related studies.
- Researches innovative transportation planning policy and solutions.
- Assembles and analyzes data to support planning initiatives.
- Reviews and provides comments on the transportation components of municipal comprehensive plans and land development plans.
- Maintains working relationships and cooperates with staff and officials of agencies, organizations, the State, Federal, and local governments on planning matters.
- Maintains daily records of all projects, reports and other activities.
- Maintains County and Departmental operating procedures.
- Attends occasional evening community meetings.
- Performs related duties/special assignments as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Local environmental review, community participation, and general development processes
- Municipal land use planning including zoning, subdivision and land development, and municipal capital improvement programs.
- Microsoft Office
- GIS software, data analysis software (e.g. Excel), travel demand models, or other transportation and economic impact software
- Communicate effectively both orally, including in a public setting, and in writing
- Interact professionally with supervisors, co-workers, outside agencies, and the public
- Meet all Divisional objectives in a timely fashion
- Work as a team member with other Divisions or independently
- Adhere to Department/County policies and procedures while working under minimal supervision
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veterans’ Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
Applications are submitted online until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
Candidates may submit applications electronically here.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Field Manager and/or Field Inspector
Peters Creek Sanitary Authority
The position is primarily responsible for the management and/or coordination of inspection work performed on the PCSA sanitary sewer lines. Field inspection experience in commercial/residential sanitary sewer systems or equivalent knowledge in the plumbing or construction industry helpful.
- Required to perform all aspects of the field position such as private lateral and mainline inspections, dye testing, pump station/system maintenance, respond 24/7 to Pa One Calls and sewer system emergencies. Daily work hours applicable but required to work non-traditional hours and on-call as needed.
- Knowledge of the plumbing industry, Geographic Information System (GIS) for mapping data collection and computer skills preferred. Associates Degree or higher or equivalent trade school knowledge preferred.
- Must be physically able to walk over rough terrain in a variety of weather conditions, including snow, ice and rain. Must be physically able to lift 100 lbs. maximum but more frequent lift/carry 50 lbs.
License: Maintains a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
Technical Certification: Uniform Construction Code (UCC) Commercial Plumbing Certification preferred and/or obtained within 1 year of employment. Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (Pa DEP) E-4 Certified Operator obtained within 1 year of employment or as required. Maintains certification throughout employment.
Ability: Learns and administers for compliance the PCSA Building Sewer Specifications, Standards and Specifications for the Construction of Sanitary Sewers and the Authority Rules and Regulations. Manages cost and quality of work, organizes schedules, prioritizes, multi-tasks and meets deadlines. Proficiency in responding to the Pa One Call System through online and phone access.
Communication: Reports directly to the Authority Manager. Communicates clearly and collaborates professionally with the entire PCSA staff, customers, and others. Maintains composure in challenging situations. Promotes a culture of diversity, respect and accountability for own daily performance.
Problem Solving & Quality: Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves complex issues.
Please send resume and salary history to:
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to: 724-348-6630.
All experience levels are welcome to apply. -- Position can vary from entry level to Manager. Variables are experience, training, and certifications.
Local Government Academy is here to help you get the word out about your open position. Add your job listing to this page by submitting the form below:
Your Help Is Needed - Make An Impact
Become a positive presence in the day-to-day workings of local government by supporting our efforts to promote excellence.
Donate to Local Government Academy or become an Advocate for Good Government today.
Accepting in-kind and monetary donations.