The Newly Elected Officials Course, or NEOC, offers a comprehensive overview of the duties of municipal officials, taught by experts in their fields. More than 1,000 individuals have attended the Newly Elected Officials Course in over 30 years.
“Complete Streets” is the simple idea that our streets and sidewalks should be accessible to all residents, regardless of their age or how they get around. Communities benefit when they pass Complete Streets policies — discover how.
This interactive virtual course brings to you the understanding of the powers and duties of local elected and nonelected officials as set out by state and federal statutes and regulations.
Discover how communities benefit when they pass Complete Streets policies and explore how a transportation policy designed for all users can improve the health, public safety and economic viability of your community.
This one-of-a-kind course is unique in Pennsylvania for its scope and content. More than 1,000 individuals have attended the Newly Elected Officials Course in its more than 30 years of existence.
Design plans were approved and construction has begun on the new “Net Zero” municipal building. Join us with the Sustainable Community Development Network for this free webinar.
The priorities of a community’s accessibility to transportation have a lasting impact on development and integration. Take transportation in your community to the next level.
Local Government Academy:
an independent non-partisan organization, promotes excellence in local government.
We support and promote a strong and responsive local government system, develop effective local leaders, educate public officials, public employees and citizens, and build collaborations and partnerships.
What We Do:
Each year, Local Government Academy offers approximately 30 educational programs, including day and evening classroom-style programs, roundtable discussions and webinars.
What’s Happening Now:
- Sustainable Pittsburgh Challenge Webinar
- Compete, Save, and Win with the Sustainable Pittsburgh Challenge Attention: Municipalities, local governments, community/economic development...
- Complete Streets Workshop 2017
- CONNECT - Complete Streets Workshop, 2017 Over 80 attendees joined CONNECT and partners to learn more about Complete Streets policies! Session...
- NEOC Refreshment Break Sponsorships
- Support Good Government and the efforts of the Newly Elected Officials Course participants! Pick an NEOC session and sponsor the Refreshment...
- Complete Streets Webinar
- Webinar: Taking Back the Streets to Promote Health and Public Safety "Complete Streets" is the simple idea that our streets and sidewalks...
- Handling Employment Investigations
- Webinar: Handling Employment Investigations From time to time, municipalities face the challenge of investigating the misconduct of an employee....
- Managing Marcellus 2017 Update
- Regulating and Planning for Shale Gas Development: a 2017 Update The development of shale gas in southwestern Pennsylvania has had an impact...
- Imagine Transportation 2.0
- The Path to a Better Transportation Future Outcomes from the Imagine Transportation 2.0 Visioning Process and New Ideas for Transportation Planning...